There are a million things you could say about your mom: She's nurturing, smart, funny, loyal, loving, and well, everything else. Now that you've picked the perfect Mother's Day card — handmade or store-bought — for mom, grandma, or any other special woman in your life, it's time to come up with the right words to explain just how much she means to you. But if you're struggling to find a sentiment that best sums up your feelings, start with these easy, inspiring messages. Tailor these wishes to the woman you're celebrating: Opt for something funny if she appreciates a good belly laugh more than anything else, or something sweet and heartwarming if words of affirmation is her love language.
Consider this guide on what to write in a Mother's Day card the ultimate starting point, and then pull from personal experiences, memories, and feelings to craft a unique message fit for your #1 lady. But don't stop here: Grab a Mother's Day gift, or order a bouquet of flowers to pair with your love note!
Mother's Day Wishes
- Wishing you the very best day ever. You deserve it.
- Wishing you a day that's full of relaxation, love, and your favorite dessert.
- I wish you the happiest of Mother's Day. Love, your favorite child.
- Wishing you a Mother's Day that's as wonderful as you.
Mother's Day Messages of Appreciation
- Out of all the moms in the world, I'm so glad that you're mine.
- Thank you for being there every day with exactly what I needed.
- Now that I’m older, I don’t just feel gratitude for you—but admiration. I only hope to be a mother as great as you one day.
- Thank you for raising me in a time before you could post embarrassing pictures of me on social media.
Mother's Day Messages of Praise
- Mom, you're the glue that holds our family together.
- You made our house the happiest place to be. Thank you.
- Happy Mother's Day to my greatest teacher, best friend, and cheapest therapist!
- I look at our family, and I am so thankful — you made that happen.
Mother's Day Messages from Daughter or Daughter-in-Law
- I'm so proud to be your daughter.
- Happy Mother's Day to the best role model I could have ever asked for!
- All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to you.
- Happy Mother’s Day to someone who is truly like a mother to me.
Mother's Day Messages from Son or Son-in-Law
- Happy Mother's Day from the World's Luckiest Son.
- Happy Mother’s day to the woman who raised me into the man I am today.
- Happy Mother’s Day to my “other mother.” I am so lucky to have two great moms.
- Happy Mother's Day, thank you for everything you do for me and my family.
Funny Mother's Day Messages
- Mom, you're one of my favorite parents.
- Thanks for putting up with me, mom. I know you like a challenge.
- I love you more than (insert sibling's name here) does.
- Congrats, you did a great job raising me to be awesome!
Inspirational Quotes to Use for Mother's Day
- "Life doesn't come with a manual. It comes with a mother." - Unknown
- "All I am I owe to my mother." - George Washington
- "If I know what love is, it is because of you." - Hermann Hesse
- "Moms are like buttons — they hold everything together." - Unknown